View Single Post
Old 01-08-17, 10:42 PM   #1441
AirHippo
Sailor man

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

I've found this myself - the Kilo has a pretty ropey sonar suite, and relies mainly on staying undetected to get a shot off at all.

When you were using your AShMs, you may be encountering the problem of sonar inaccuracy again. I can't speak for the Kilo TMA update rate, but it should be pretty quick (1-2 minute intervals); check the Age parameter on the summary (on the map/3D view screen) to make sure you're still getting regular updates to the fire-control system.

Anyway, as you've probably noticed, your AShM's seeker head can have two modes: Wide and Narrow search. Generally speaking, with a Kilo, I'd go for wide - the sensors are sufficiently poor that a narrow search will miss. That's one thing to make sure of.

I've also noted that, in a similar scenario to the one you tried, I managed 4/5 hits; the ship that I missed I missed twice, but it was also very close - about 6,500m. It may be that the missile seeker has a minimum arming range - the "Seeker Range" parameter on the fire-control board, which has a minimum value of 5nmi. In that case, no matter how good your sensor data, your missile will be unable to attack a target because it hasn't yet armed its seeker.
AirHippo is offline   Reply With Quote