Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 01-03-17, 01:40 PM   #3412
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Attention Team Members
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.53 is now available for team testing on Area 51.

v0.52 public beta will continue to be the current version for public beta testing until Tuesday, January 10. Getting a lot of challenging observations from the peanut gallery. Forgive us if we're testy at times. You get it in your head that you are somewhere near the end well before that is actually the case. It can make us cranky when we have to readjust our perception of how much progress we've made.

Pay no attention to the grouchy old men behind the curtain. Something wonderful will come of all this as long as we don't step in too many piles of dog squeeze.

I thought someone somewhere might be a little interested in how we do our mod cauldron runs, where we mix new ingredients into our mod for the next version. Interestingly, I don't use JSGME for the process. I'm rendering an 8 minute video of the actual production of v0.53. It'll be up on YouTube in awhile and I'll edit this post to contain the link.

I just found a whole bunch of commercial music I can use in my videos and the worst that would happen would be they would run a commercial attached. I'll do them one better and if I decide to use them I'll post full credit and links to buy the music. I like weird stuff and if someone else is weird enough to be curious to hear more that's really cool! Nice to see that some artists achieve a healthy balance between vital exposure and vital income.

Edit for those who'd like to see a mod assembled, this is the actual assembly (no rehearsals, no reenactment!) of FOTRSU v0.53 on my Ubuntu Linux computer. When I was previewing the video I thought "Crap! That is one fast computer there!" No, it's a mediocre computer running Linux, where such things can be expected of third rate machines. Hope you find it interesting....

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 01-03-17 at 02:44 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote