View Single Post
Old 01-02-17, 11:57 AM   #3379
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Hell yes you strike a nerve when a piece of work is taken and no credit is given to the source!! No matter how long ago it was.

Insted of me taking vitamin C gutted, how about you (and anyone else thinking they want to mod) reading the "Subsim's recommended modding etiquette" found in this thread. It's been around just as long.

Before we're done, FOTRSU will have the same....giving credit where credit is due.
Absolutely! From the beginning we committed to actively seeking out and giving credit to contributors, including contributors whose work was used in earlier mods which were incorporated into FOTRSU. And if someone like CapnScurvy crawls out of the woodwork and calls attention to some of his work in our mod, there will be no justifying and excuses. Their work will immediately be recognized.

That's also why, when a problem is reported relating to a section of our mod, I don't fix it. I identify who is responsible for the area, CapnScurvy in the camera issue, and he gets the assignment to investigate and fix. Whatever he says and does sticks.

Throughout the process, we've found plenty of similar primary and secondary effects. Sometimes when you're dealing with a secondary effect and it's caused by another primary effect, you can do a primary fix (slam that zero in there. See it looks right) but that doesn't fix the problem. It just masks it. Sometimes only the modder who works on that module knows, and that's why CapnScurvy is working on this.

If you guys can test this with different submarines it would help a lot in finding the situation. For your information, the Capn is doing something not done in the game before: having the camera angle indicate whether the sub is rising or descending. Since it is something new, you can't expect everything to be without complications. When complications are found a lot of information is needed to isolate what is causing the problem.

I can tell you one thing: slamming a zero in the obvious place is likely not to fix the problem except in that singular circumstance. And tossing personal attacks around is DEFINITELY not going to make anything better. Supermods are frustrating things to work on sometimes. Keeping the pressure off and the mood light is crucial to the completion of any similarly complicated project. And we will do that.

CapnScurvy--it's your bailiwick. Ask for specific info you need and do the fix of your choosing. The FOTRSU team stands behind your great work.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote