View Single Post
Old 12-22-16, 11:10 AM   #1996
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

22nd December 1916

Eastern Front

Romania: Enemy concentrating at Ramnicu, Sarat; hard fighting; Russian retreat to Danube completed.

Asiatic and Egyptian Theatres

British positions south of Kut consolidated; second air raid on Baghela; also on Beersheba.

Naval and Overseas Operations

British ships again shell mouth of Struma (Gulf of Orfano).

British submarine HMS E30 hits a mine in the North Sea and sinks with the death of all 30 crew.

Aviation

Political, etc.

French Chamber of Deputies approve new taxes on theatre and vaudeville tickets to cover the costs of war.

King George V makes a speech proroguing Parliament, stating the war will go on until victory.

Ship Losses:

Amedée (France) The sailing vessel was sunk in the English Channel 35 nautical miles (65 km) north of the Triagoz Lighthouse, Finistère by SM UC-18 ( Kaiserliche Marine).
Avanti (Italy) The cargo ship was sunk in the Bay of Biscay off the north coast of Spain by SM U-70 ( Kaiserliche Marine) with the loss of all hands.
Dansborg (Denmark) The cargo ship was sunk in the English Channel (49°40′N 3°48′W) by SM UC-18 ( Kaiserliche Marine). Her crew survived.
HMS E30 (Royal Navy) The E-class submarine struck a mine and sank in the North Sea off Orford Ness, Suffolk with the loss of all 30 crew.
Hroptatyr (Denmark) The cargo ship was sunk in the English Channel 25 nautical miles (46 km) west north west of Guernsey, Channel Islands (49°37′N 3°00′W) by SM UC-18 ( Kaiserliche Marine) with the loss of two of her crew.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote