View Single Post
Old 12-09-16, 01:05 PM   #39
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Next we'll return to Ubuntu Linux stuff. I was brainstorming with the help of propbeanie's questions and thought of a couple of videos.
  • Why Linux is better than Windows--don't give me the technical crap I don't care about!
  • How does Linux handle downloading software?
  • Getting help as a newbie Linux user. Since there is no company selling it, am I left on my own?
  • Commercial software vs(?) open source software. Can they work together? How do I download the commercial software I need?
  • You talk about choosing your GUI? What the heck does that mean? Why do I care?
I'm sure there are others that will have to be made. But my aim is to have enough information to allow you to explore Ubuntu Linux (and other distros) without feeling I dropped you in the middle of Red China and you don't know how to ask where the bathroom is.

As always, Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate comes first. Just reflect on the fact that all my development work for the mod happens in Ubuntu (pronounced 00-boon-too) Linux. It's pretty darned good and gets you away from the Microsoft games of redefining what an operating system is.

Stay tuned for more videos in the next several days.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote