View Single Post
Old 12-03-16, 04:45 PM   #2945
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
If your goal was to instill fear you have achieved it. I loaded the Beta last night and tried it out this morning. Two careers and two dead boats and crew in one mission each. I am a relatively seasoned TMO 2.5 skipper, but have never run up against clairvoyant DD crews until today. The one I just concluded (by death) was in December 1941 off Honshu I dispatched a European Liner and one DD (with a lucky shot after he passed me by in a rush). The other DD was a true bird dog. Silent running, depth changes to 440 feet in a Tambor, speed at 1 knot, and this guy was all over me. If I raced at flank speed with my tail to his tail and changed course he unerringly attacked me on his next pass. I had the career difficulty set at "realistic" for the first one, and "normal" for this last one. If that is normal I'm just going to request a desk job someplace! By the way, are there any Mods yet specifically for the Ultimate FOTARS, or should we be experimenting with whatever? I think the environment is beautiful. The only anomaly I've seen is that at the highest resolution of 1920x1080, the stopwatch is almost off the screen, but I was able to grab it and move it to a more visible location. Is that a resolution issue or something in my rig? Anyway, great job, guys! Thanks.
Yes, we have a bit of tweaking to do. There is a wide variety of enemy crew proficiencies, but if you run into a good one you can just die. Just need to let everyone know that we are working on that after we get all the campaign issues worked out.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote