Thread: [REL] New buoys
View Single Post
Old 11-27-16, 07:49 PM   #8
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
cool

Hey ! My mod is ready. Will release it soon, after I got permission from GWX team members. I'm waiting for you.

README :

This mod is based on the GWX 3.0 buoys. So, all credits go to the GWX team and me.

There are 6 different buoys : 2 red (R1 and R2), 2 green (G1 and G2), an orange (O1) and a black (D2).

Features :

- R2, G2 and D2 : improved proportions, added a square at the top of R2, a triangle to G2 and two "circles" to D2.

- changed the textures of all buoys will less dirty ones

- changed all the halo effects : size, color, animation, no brightness throw the land.

- added a light effect for all halos

- have added new sounds for the bells

- have improved a bit the ambient sound

- have removed the bell sound underwater

- have improved the collision mapping

I have created a mission called "Test new buoys". Play it to see all the different buoys at night near Brest Harbour. I recommand you to stop near the buoys with flickering lights (except the orange ones) to hear the new sounds of the bells.

How to read these marks, what do these buoys mean ?

- black with white lights : danger

- red : leave the buoy on port side (on the left) when you enter in a harbour, or leave it on starboard (on the right) if you are going to sea.

- green : leave the buoy on starboard when you enter in a harbour, or on port side if you're going to sea.

- orange : wreck

This mod is JSGME ready. I recommand to enable it when you are in a harbour (when playing a career).

This is a free mod. If you use it in a (super)mod, please give proper credits to me, this was a huge work (at least 40 hours for modifications and tests of all kinds). If you like it, I'm happy. If you don't like it, just uninstall it.