View Single Post
Old 10-17-16, 04:10 AM   #2146
Deanus55
Nub

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default NO sound / 5-15~ FPS

Thanks in advanced... I reinstalled SH5 after a long absence in a fit of nostalgia after seeing Shaefer play WOS on youtube. I figured id give it a try. After some trial and error i got the mods installed and working properly. During my first effort i did not install the TDW mod enabler properly and i did not have any sound. Once i rewatched the tutorial i realised my mistake and that did the trick. German voices with english subtitles. After completing the Danzig campaign after a few days of playing on and off i saw that 1.06 had come out fixing some stability issues. I decided to install it. Once i did so i got to the point where i am running the game at around 7fps and there is no sound at all outside of the menu music once you first load up the game. Ive tried starting new campaigns and even just going back to 1.05 but nothing works. Now the base game even runs at the same fps with no mods installed.

MODS list: just base Wolves of Steel mods nothing extra

SPECS:
Intel i7 6820hk 2.70 ghz over clocked to around 3.2
32 gb ram
GTX 980m 2 way sli Ive tried disabling the SLI no change at all.

TL;DR Game now runs as a slide show even after multiple installs. No sound in base game or WOS. I will try one more time and use a registry cleaner to make doubly sure im starting from scratch. Ive reinstalled Uplay as well.

PS played all of the SH series but new to subsim... i started my account a few years ago to get RFB for SH4.

Last edited by Deanus55; 10-17-16 at 04:14 AM. Reason: new info
Deanus55 is offline   Reply With Quote