View Single Post
Old 10-08-16, 08:57 PM   #1
cmdr.darksythe
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
bullhorn Bring back the VMC?

Does anyone have any interest in bringing back an organized fleet? Back in its hayday I was a RADM With the VMC (Virtual Military Command).

We did more then your standard meet up and play multiplayer events. Mostly we were focused on Campaign operations.
Each week a commander would report in to their fleet commander, and be assigned an operation for there boat. The outcomes of these operations would be tracked by the Command staff and an overall "War" Scenario would be updated based on the outcomes of various missions.

For those players interested in PvP scenarios, a time could be set aside where the multiplayer op would take place.
The goal of the VMC was to provide a multiplayer campaign available for all players who were interested be it online or offline play.

If enough players are interested in this type of play, I have a web server, and could design / host a website for the VMC, and get started with some mission design etc...
Obviously we would need enough people involved to make this viable, but if we can get enough players together it truly is a very fun and immersive way to play.

If you are interested in getting involved with an organized fleet, please let me know your thoughts and what level of involvement you would be interested in. (Mission designer, fleet commander, boat commander, etc...)

cmdr.darksythe is offline   Reply With Quote