View Single Post
Old 09-22-16, 10:31 AM   #2096
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Great job Capn! I like ALL of it. Another caldron run going tonight! Will mix in some other small stuff from yesterday too.

Cdrsubron7: master of the screenshot! I like it. Can you post the background without the Ultimate...... text line on the Area 51 site?

If you look at /data/Menu/Loading, you'll see:

Welcome to Nautilus file manager, by the way! Now the two files that matter are Intro_logo_bkg.old.pdn (A Paint.net file as Paint.net reads and writes .dds without plugins or anything!), and Intro_logo_bkg.old.xcf (GIMP graphics format). Both programs let you have layers. The background image is on the bottom layer and the text layer containing "Ultimate Edition v.25 Beta EN" is on a transparent layer above the background. That way I can edit text in a hurry any time I want. When I have what I want I save it, then export it as a .dds file as Intro_logo_bkg.dds so the game can use it.

Now I want to know why the file does the kid's blackboard thing at a certain resolution. Doesn't really make a lot of sense. There are no mipmaps in there or anything, just a staightforward .dds file. Curious. Since I generate the .dds file from GIMP now, I'll check it out again to see if any gotchas lie in there somewhere.
Will do, boss. I use Corel PaintShopPro for my graphics work and signatures. However, I believe that I don't have a DDS converter in the program. You might have to do the conversion with Gimp. I might make up a couple of others just for grins. Good thing the weekend is coming up fast, I've got a lot of catching up to do I see.

On another note, have Jeff_Groves or s7trikback given any timetable when they'll be finished with the ships in FOTRSU. I'm getting a little anxious to see how my single missions will perform with the new changes.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote