Old 09-22-16, 08:35 AM   #2094
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Ok, back to the upload.

States it's got a little over an hour to go.

There are 20 Axis ships that will have Scout Planes coming from them. These planes are armed, so they will do more than scout. The German side will have the Arado Ar-196 coming from two of their Ca's and two of their BB's. The Japanese will have the F1M Pete BiPlane, and the faster A6M2-N Rufe FloatPlane coming from 16 warships. I'm lumping in the Auxiliary Cruiser Aikoku as a warship since its got planes on board. Should force you to keep your head down even more when you get the warning.
Great job Capn! I like ALL of it. Another caldron run going tonight! Will mix in some other small stuff from yesterday too.

Cdrsubron7: master of the screenshot! I like it. Can you post the background without the Ultimate...... text line on the Area 51 site?

If you look at /data/Menu/Loading, you'll see:

Welcome to Nautilus file manager, by the way! Now the two files that matter are Intro_logo_bkg.old.pdn (A Paint.net file as Paint.net reads and writes .dds without plugins or anything!), and Intro_logo_bkg.old.xcf (GIMP graphics format). Both programs let you have layers. The background image is on the bottom layer and the text layer containing "Ultimate Edition v.25 Beta EN" is on a transparent layer above the background. That way I can edit text in a hurry any time I want. When I have what I want I save it, then export it as a .dds file as Intro_logo_bkg.dds so the game can use it.

Now I want to know why the file does the kid's blackboard thing at a certain resolution. Doesn't really make a lot of sense. There are no mipmaps in there or anything, just a staightforward .dds file. Curious. Since I generate the .dds file from GIMP now, I'll check it out again to see if any gotchas lie in there somewhere.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote