View Single Post
Old 09-19-16, 09:35 AM   #3487
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Operation Monsun is a strange beast. Crashes are fairly common for me. One example is loading a save. I can load it and it crashes, reload the same save, it crashes again, reload same save and it works. Strange.

It reminds me of the bit in The Holy Grail

"When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England. "

They say the definition of insanity is performing the same action over and over again, expecting a different result. Well, in OM, it actually works that way.

Anyway, for Ishmael, have you done the address array memory fix to allow SH4 to use 4 GB of memory? This simple fix can correct many crashes in SH4, especially loading crashes, crashes when going to the bridge for the first time, and crashes near port.

Read of it here

http://www.subsowespac.org/the-patro...ry-boost.shtml

Be sure to reset the exe to read only so that your fix sticks.

I've completed many patrols in OM without having experienced your exact issue, and for the current career I happen to be in the 2nd as well, having reached early '43 (Type IXC U-502). For what it's worth, I am using none of the last seven mods in your list, so perhaps it is related to one of those. If it were me I would try disabling those last 7, then reloading the save. If it works right, you can re-enable each one at a time and perhaps identify the culprit, though none may be.

Last edited by Threadfin; 09-19-16 at 09:47 AM.
Threadfin is offline   Reply With Quote