View Single Post
Old 09-17-16, 08:17 PM   #5921
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobon View Post
Nah, that wasn't a hospital ship, that is something the museum calls "medium PassAnger ship". Same 3D model, just the hospital ship has one extra red light on a small pole at the stern. So this one I have is absolutely a "medium passanger" ship, as this is missing that small extra 3d object. Only sure way is to SINK it, and read the log, but...

If no other ships sharing this model, then I can tell that it IS showing up with textures at the museum, under the british flag. That makes your guess about missing texture reference even more likely. I need to fix this somehow...
I started this career with the 16.2 update, a clean start, on a vanilla install + TWOS, so I want to root out this problem.

-Do you have Any clues what files should I look into?

-ALso, anyone have some info how can I eradicate the loud footsteps and sonarman yelling into my ear during listening to the hydro?

Edit:Aw, cr*p... I realised that first I wanted to write that like this: "there's one sure way to determine exactly wich ship I did encounter, and we both now what way is that..."
You can always balance the voices and effects volume using the games options menu. I have my voices volume set fairly low. I think the models are listed as units in C:\Users\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames\000000** \Campaign-2016-09-09_2103\CampaignMission.mis among probably many others. That's why I decided it was easier to start a new campaign.

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote