View Single Post
Old 09-17-16, 02:37 PM   #148
AstroMelly
Swabbie

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
Default Great mod!!!

Just wanted to say massive thanks to SkyBaron for this amazing mod and to everyone else who is contributing to making it a fully functional part of the game.

My two penner'th - if you want to go through the extra work of decrypting encrypted messages, install the (optional) mod and learn the procedure. In my experience, I read and re-read the in-game instructions, assuming they were not incorrect, and eventually decrypted my first message in about 15 minutes. The second (with a mistake) took about half that time and I expect to get it down to 5 minutes with practice - this is not an unreasonable overhead on game time when you are often sat at sea doing nothing for extended periods anyway.

Also search YouTube for NorseCast's excellent Enigma episode! He walks you through a message decode.

The one gripe I have (and I know it is in the process of being fixed) is the duplicated messages - unencrypted messages arrive at the same time as encrypted ones. I am waiting with bated breath for a patch to fix this for good since it was quite disappointing to decrypt my first message and then find it sitting in the messages list right above my coded one!

I have one question which I have not yet found an answer to - how do you get the decrypted column on the notepad to appear (or move) to the right hand side? I saw an earlier post where someone had done this and then added spaces to the words. I also noticed that if I click the 'Send to Patrol Log' text I only get an empty entry with 'ENIGMA MSG' - probably because there is no text on the RHS to send to the log.

Apart from the duplicated messages isssue - which I hope won't take long to patch out - this is an amazing achievment and makes the game so much more immersive - well done!

My return to the oceans could not have been timed better - I reinstalled the game after a break of about 2 years a few weeks ago!

Happy Hunting!

AstroMelly is offline   Reply With Quote