View Single Post
Old 09-16-16, 09:06 AM   #1929
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeeper from another thread 8th December, 2007 View Post
It was suggested that I post here as well.

I'm trying to return to Pearl after running out of torps. It's june 43 and I'm around 135E 25N. I get a sighting of a task force that is entirely cruisers -light and heavy. Anyways there has got to be about 100 of them. The line of ships is 17NM long.

This TF causes my game to virtually stop, and it has taken me hours of real time to try and break contact because of the bogging. When I break contact and the FPS picks up to normal I save the game and then go back to play. I have gone 1000's of miles N and S from this contact but when I try to head back to Pearl I run into another or the same TF again and the game virtually stops.

I'm running a new install of SH4 with the 1.4 patch, TM and RSRD for this patch.

I'm wondering if anyone has had this before. I've also tried starting the mission from Pearl again and have had the same results when the torps run out and I try to head home.

Cheers
Oh wow... heavens to mergatroid, cruisers even...

He even replays the mission and gets them again. I wonder if he re-played nearly the same way / location, or what? It's nice though that he gave his location like that. That would amount to approximately 16200000.xxx and 3000000.xxx in the MIS files "spawn" location, or within that mythical 20km figure. I'm going to look at their patch "fix" for that also... Now, where did I put my old RSRDC download?... I sure wish I was a better housekeeper when it comes to computer files and backups...

Of interest to me in so many of these reports is "there's got to be a hundred of them"... maxunits=100 is implicated - there is no "check" to make sure this doesn't happen if something goes amuck. If there was a sure-fire method for getting the run-a-way spawning, we could experiment there, and see if changing that changes things... like go to 500 and see what happens... - oh, that'd be mean... I'm guessing, but I'll bet the times where the ships are all bunched up, is when the user's boat is really close to the spawn site, and the DDs have "heard" or "seen" the boat, and they're all trying to "hunt", but can't wiggle for their "neighbor"...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-16-16 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Added date to quote
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote