View Single Post
Old 09-07-16, 07:52 AM   #11
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I'm sorry but I can't add anything else to the advice quoted at #4

Quote:
Selecting either of these RWR antennas while at the Radar Warning Upgrade screen may result in the destruction of all RWR equipment aboard your U-boat on your next mission. The new RWR schnorchel antennas will appear on the U-boat upgrade screen at the aforementioned dates, but do not select them. You must follow a special procedure to allow GWX to perform the upgrades automatically since the system of using renown points to purchase equipment does not work for devices that were not included in stock Silent Hunter III.

A. FuMB-3 Bali: You must perform the following steps after the upgrade screen shows it is available for installation on a Type VII U-boat, Type IX U-boat, or their variants (see Figure 66).

Step 1: Exit the game while in base before a mission.
Step 2: Enable / install the GWX modification ―Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas‖ located in the ―SH3/Mods‖ subfolder. The GWX team recommends using the JSGME tool - provided with GWX - for easy installation of this feature. Please read the JSGME documentation for instructions on enabling and disabling software modifications. Step 3: Reload the game and continue your career from the same point you exited in Step 1 by selecting the last saved entry, ―In base before mission‖

B. FuMB-37 Leros: GWX installs this automatically, so no player action is required.
I don't have a GWX installation on my system atm to even attempt to replicate the problem.

Is it possible you have an additional third party mod that is causing some kind of conflict?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote