Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 09-05-16, 09:26 PM   #329
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

That the changes were necessary, WE DO KNOW for sure from several of their team members have said that and confirmed that over the past 3 years. The diffiuclt first years also are known, the game almost sunk already in 2009. They left no doubt that if they would not have followed Pim Holfves' way to generate more income, they woud have had to shut down already years ago. Their early business model simply did not work, it did not generate enough income to keep the boat floating.

The game now finances whole Avalanche company and crossfinances several other project developments thta Avaslanche without The Hunter would not have been able to shoulder, thats successful it has become - due to the changes and policies implemented by Pim Holves. As a result the number of subscribers went steeply upwards and into the sky.

Avalanche made him their president for that, if I recall correctly. And obviously many players like the results of the "Pim-effect".

On the other things, no I did not think it rains to much, I never thought that, and some sounds are better than others but the birds are what they have been before and I do not know why to complain now if it had not been complained much on in the past 7 years. The iron sights are point-and shoot, when I use them they work fine, and ballistics and proper callibre physics never were on the list anyway, but had to be balanced with the general game's design needs. Its no hardcore rifle simulation. Much of the stuff is for immersion only. Players choice.

I recommend you simply do not play this, if you do not like it. What is so fascinating for you in this lament, that the last time you posted in this thread was early last year and you said you do not like it, and now you come back and continue where you have left 18 or 19 months ago - just for complaining.

Simply don't play what you don't like. Leave it behind.

P.S. And then there was this, from almost exactly 2 years ago:
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic...613087#p613087

Mind you - staff said that 2013 was the first year when the game actually generated profit. That means from 2009 to 2012 it was deficitary. Not before 2014 they could start to pay back their debts to Avalanche.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-05-16 at 09:34 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote