Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-07-16, 07:25 AM   #1090
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

I think there are several SingleMissions that are left in the mod that were test missions.

Propbeanie, you need to take a screen shot of those anomalies of "all white" ships. Sounds like they shouldn't be doing that. But, I'll admit your computer seems to "see" things that some of us don't. Frankly, any mission that's either v1.3 or 2.0 from FOTRS should be looked at with an eye for trouble.......we don't need German language as a lead-in for the mission. Our mission guru should look into those AND, the Campaign missions too.

====================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
Interestingly, pinging also happened from the knuckle sonars under the keel. That means they could ping targets to obtain range, even while surfaced, something the game hasn't let us do in any configurations so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy
I thought we could ping while surfaced?? I must be dreaming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by max peck
No, you're not dreaming. We can ping "down" for depth. Just used that by Java. I tried to ping for a target the other day, and didn't get any action from it whatsoever, in an S boat though. I just thought it was me doing something wrong.
The S-Boat, and the early Porpoise (and some of the other earlier subs) use deck mounted Hydrophone recievers. Those subs, if the mod is set correctly, will only pick up hydrophone sounds if your submerged (just like the German boats). When your upgraded to later subs, or accept the upgrade to the newer hydrophone reciever.....then you can stay surfaced to have the hydrophone pick up passive sounds from target ships.

Here's the S-Class Hydrophone reciver:

No upgrades for its placement.....you're stuck with submerging for the use of the hydrophone while using the S-Class through out the war.

Here's an early Porpoise (and others) Hydrophone reciever:

You have to submerge for this style of reciever to work too.

When you upgrade, you'll have this set of balls to play with:

No need to submerge with the upgrade. Again, it depends on the start year of your game, and the boat you're on that determines what hydrophone you'll have. One of the "ball" units is your passive Hydrophone reciever, the other is your active Sonar transmitter/reciever. The game can have both displayed on the hull, yet only the active Sonar works......the passive Hydrophone "ball" doesn't, as long as the game still has the older deckside unit in play. Just going down under to take a look isn't going to prove which unit you have. You need to look in the Weapons and System page of the sub to know what's installed. Devs were just too lazy to correct the modeling.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 08-07-16 at 09:18 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote