Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-04-16, 09:35 AM   #1041
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Propbeanie,

As I pointed out in my PM to you last week, my system for modding the game isn't much different than yours. My "work" computer is stuck at a 2 gig memory limit too with my mother board, yet run a faster video card than yours. Like you, I've got another computer that runs a larger memory capacity, and its on this system that shows the value of the LAA.

===========

FOTRS uses a lot of "Big Old" this, or "Big Modern" that with its ship class naming. The only "Old Liner" they have has "Big" in front of it.

I will usually copy the entire inventory of the Museum (its all laid out in the asset directory at the menu text box) before walking through each entry. That's how I know what's next in-line that caused your CTD. As you said, it could be you reached your maximum memory usage and the game just decided to shut down. I'm not a fan of overclocking either, so maybe we're left with one thing to do.......upgrade the workhorse of our computers for the sake of keeping up with the times. A little upgrade every few years is needed if you ask me.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote