Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-04-16, 08:13 AM   #1039
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Propbeanie, thanks for answering my questions. I'll take a peak at the phrase "Torpedo in the Water" upon starting a saved point. Don't know if there's anything we can do about it though.

Your computer would run better if you had more memory than the 2 gigs you have. Plus you will need to use an app like Large Address Aware for the game (telling the game to open more access to the additional memory). Yes, the game states there are minimum computer requirements, but there is no limit to going over the top. Believe me, the game will run better with an improvement in computer memory amount AND, having the game access the additional memory (which it won't unless you force it to with an app like LAA).

Quote:
Using my Intel duo-core E4400 2ghz dual-core computer with 2 gig of ram. In the Museum, got a CTD in the German listings after the "Old Liner" displays just fine, and clicking on the Next button to go to the next ship.
In the Greman section, the next ship after the "Big Old Liner" is "Big Passengership". Didn't know there was a problem with the Big Passengership?

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote