View Single Post
Old 07-30-16, 10:46 PM   #973
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Speaking of the Bismark and the idea that its in the Pacific some how?!? Does FOTRS have it in a single mission, or within the campaign game? Just wondering, because I've been thinking about the Akagi and Kaga CV's (and a couple of other ships as well in FOTRS). These ships are pulled from the game at their respective death dates (least that's how FOTRS has them). I'd like to see them run the entire length of the game like most of the other assets in-game. Yes, it wouldn't be "historically authentic" but what the heck, neither is the Bismark in the Pacific, or finding the Yamamoto again after just sinking it in the last patrol.

I'd like to see the carriers within the campaign beyond their historic "end" dates, it's no more implausible then thinking we are real sub Captains anyway. So, would you guys mind if I put the ships in for the duration of the war? It's too bad the dynamic campaign game doesn't take into account things like alternative history which opens up the question of "what if" while we play......making new history as we go along. It doesn't even remove an asset when its dispatched by our own hand.
Hate to quote the whole thing but highlighting and deleting on a cell phone is cruel and unusual punishment.the I agree there is no justification for killing off ships on their historic sinking dates.

Please kill the death dates and let players create their own history. We'll include that change in the core mod.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote