Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-30-16, 05:00 PM   #971
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I've been working with Jeff_Groves on that a bit. He thinks it's the DynamicShadows controller. Used only in the first version of SHIII it never worked well. We think the Bismark (and the Germania) were imported from SHIII and not properly converted to remove the DynamicShadows controller.

So I tried a GWX program called SH3toSH4 on the Bismark. Didn't work. The ship lost textures. That apparently means that a conversion of sorts was made, but made badly.

I've tried installing SHIII on my main computer and had problems. I have a laptop running XP that will accept it but have been busy. Once I install it there I'll try SH3toSH4 on some ships in SHIII. If it works maybe we can do some substitution and get rid of the awful shadows.

In the meantime this is a Pacific war simulation and I virtually guarantee no encounters with Bismark or Germania for the entire war!

If I don't have any luck with my investigation I recommend just forgetting about the issue.

Billy, we're with you. Real life comes before computer simulations. Drink........er work till you drop! No hurry on the mod stuff. I could paste something Ducimus once wrote but it might be violating a confidence and it didn't make him look particularly good. Let's just say he modded way too much and paid the personal price for it that ruined his enjoyment of the game and of modding forever.

First rule of the FOTRS Ultimate modding team: if you're not having fun, leave it for awhile and do something else. You can't do your best work unless you're having fun.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote