Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-30-16, 01:20 PM   #968
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

Thanks again dear friends!

The last years have been... awful. But I've managed to keep my family intact and fed, my daughters happy, that's the most important. We've passed much worst situations, a thing that made us stronger than ever. We'll get through this. I'm helping Gus with the bikes after finishing my full-time job. I'm not young anymore, I return home very tired, but bikes, friends and beer have positive effects on a man, no matter if he's an old dog...

I think I finished the ship acceleration model. I'll give it a final test tonight and I'll upload it tomorrow, I hope.

I think the destroyers are more dangerous now with their acceleration cut. They cannot evade torpedoes as easily as before, but somehow it's more difficult to escape them. Maybe because they're cutting their engines more often... but it's not a bad thing, is it?

The model covers all of the ships, tuned them by tonnage and speed. Convoys are now more difficult to target at long distance since they vary their speed when they're evading after the first hit. You'll have to get uncomfortably close to target them effectively when they're maneuvering. I haven't noticed any difference at all on the distance that you can hear them, I didn't touch their engine rpm at all.

The model will not have the option of choosing ships by class as the previous one, includes them all in one package. I'm happy with it, you'll be the judge.

Cheers mates,
Billy.

Last edited by XTBilly; 07-30-16 at 01:29 PM.
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote