Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-25-16, 11:40 AM   #895
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Propbeanie, I'll work on those files that I listed. As I looked over your list, I can see the things that can be fixed......mainly cutting the play time down to a respectable level. 10 or so seconds is plenty of time for a loop .wav file to run as long as the two "ends" match in tone and volume. I'll get the others to play in the right kHz.

My copy of Excel is 2002 SP3. Not the newest by any means. I may not be able to open newer versions.

One thing about the RM that I think FOTRS doesn't do (I'll have to look at my 1920x resolution) is the measuring scale bar along the bottom of the RM page get's out of wack with the larger resolutions. Least it did with the stock game. The scale would be right 4 to 6 inches off the RM page, hanging in mid air! Since the scale doesn't relate to actual measured distance anyway, my fix in the past has been to eliminate the scale bar all together. Maybe this was fixed in FOTRS (or may not).

I'm happy to say that getting the TBT to scale properly when compared to the periscope view is one of the things I recently accomplished. It's in FOTRS Ultimate Beta now......meaning I won't have to make a specific resolution mod for the different resolutions a person may choose to use. I had described in this past post, the differences between the TBT/UZO views and the periscope scaling that OTC corrected. With putting in the corrected parameters into the menu_1024_768.ini file for the TBT/UZO, the thing will scale properly for the different resolutions one will use, without an additional mod.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote