View Single Post
Old 07-25-16, 10:13 AM   #893
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
... If its alright with you, I'd like to work with the following files to put them as they should. Again, the Museum is a good testing ground for these assets:

7. Aircraft Carrier_hyd.wav - in "stereo", should be "mono"
13. B-24 airplane damaged 2.wav - is about 24.86 seconds long...
14. B6N2 airplane.wav - is about 29.56 secs long
15. Cargo_hyd.wav - is about 17.74 secs long
16. Catalina airplane damaged.wav - is about 24.86 secs long
18. Corsair airplane.wav - is about 16.53 secs long
19. Corvette.wav - is about 22.18 secs long & 22.05 kHz
20. Corvette_hyd.wav - is about 21.56 secs long & 22.05 kHz
21. Corvette_mix.wav - is about 22.18 secs long & @ 22.05 kHz
22. Destroyer_hyd.wav - is about 18.82 secs long
23. ****ewulf190 airplane.wav - is about 18.31 secs
24. Ju52 airplane.wav - is about 28.73 secs
25. JU87Stuka airplane.wav - is about 16.97 secs long
26. Liberty Ship Engine.wav - is at 26.61 secs & @ 22.05 kHz
27. Liberty_hyd.wav - is at 26.03 secs & @ 22.05 kHz
28. Liberty_mix.wav - is at 26.61 secs & @ 22.05 kHz
29. NakajimaKi44 airplane.wav - is at 28.76 secs
30. NF_boat.wav - is at 20.86 secs & 8k instead of 44.1 probably an issue
31. NF_boat_hyd.wav - at 22.05 kHz
32. NPT_hyd.wav - at 22.05 kHz
33. Old_Diesel_Engine.wav - at one minute, six seconds long
47. Short Sunderland airplane damaged.wav - at 24.86 secs
48. Short Sunderland airplane.wav - at 24.95 secs
63. Swordfish Torpedo Bi-Plane.wav - is at 29.37 secs

I'm wondering, are you using the "periscope_UpDown.wav" that the 0.1Beta has, or the original FOTRS .wav? And, why did you pick it?

If it has to do with being longer in play time....that's expected. The length of the .wav file I use exactly relates to the amount of time the scope raises or lowers.
My comments are inserted above. Those in RED definitely need to be fixed. Comments in ORANGE for the most part, seem to play OK, since most of those are set to "Loop" in the Sh.sdl file. (I have found no evidence yet of issues with long "Loop" files, so long as they do NOT exceed the time of the event. ie: an airplane flying over will last a while, usually.) If they are NOT set to "Loop", then they need to be trimmed to less than 15 seconds. Now, if you wanna do all that, fantastic. I'll concentrate on all of the others. If all you want to do is set the levels, then that is also fantastic, but I'd need a copy of what you did when you're finished, so that I can change the sample rates and/or channels. Either way is fine by me. I very much trust your judgement on setting the levels, and setting them to where the rest of the game is not adversely affected. I cannot say the same for me... tic

As for the periscope_UpDown file, if you listen closely to what I included in the "fix" (which was not intended), you'll hear a mix of what you gave me, what FotRS v2 had, and stock, all mixed together. It matters little to me what is used for the mod. I'm thinking that we'd just leave Maddy's in there, since it seems to comply to length also. I'll double-check that "compliance". I do know that your file fit *exactly* to spec for I believe it is 3 cycles of the "stock" sound looped... (maybe four? however long it takes the scope to up or down)... but you are down to THE sample level on that. What I'm saying, is that your precision on that was to one little bit representing 44,100 samples per SECOND, and you nailed the length exactly to that.

Let me know how you're going to work those files please, Capn. I'll pick-up the rest. Do you have a copy of that excel spreadsheet I did? Do you have Excel, and which version? I'll put a copy up on the shared directory.

"...and bollocks to the naysayers" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-25-16 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Boo-boos on the Corvette & Liberty!...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote