View Single Post
Old 07-25-16, 08:02 AM   #887
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Yes, the F6.....how many more do you want for the keyboard???

If you want a Command Button along the bottom of the tray (You mean there isn't one?), I can do that. The only Command Button I added to the FOTRS Command Button group was a button for selecting a Radar Range Toggle......the rest is how FOTRS had them......EXCEPT for correcting the A-Scope Button going to the PPI screen / the PPI Button went to the A-Scope (thought no one would mind me FIXING things while I'm in there?).
Nope. In general if the keyboard command is available I don't look at the button bars. I really wonder why TMOKeys would make a button on the screen not work for the weapons/sensor screen. That needs to be fixed and I'll make that a side project of my own since it's my mod there. That's MOST curious!

In the meantime looks like you've thought of everything there. I wouldn't go adding buttons to an already byzantine button bar system unless something is totally inaccessible otherwise. When we're done I'll have to make an FOTRSUltimateKeys mod for players of other mods who would like to use it.

The Bearing Tool should read correct range, as well as Relative Bearing of the sub. I'm asking what guys use so I can add a Bearing Tool that reads correctly for whatever resolution is most used. I put a 1024x tool in the Optical Correction_Interior addition. The only ones who will use the tool as intended are those using the 1024x res. Since everyone uses different resolutions......yes a stand alone mod for correcting the range at 1500 yards is going to be needed for the various res. Why the 1500 yard size instead of the 3000 yard mods.......pure memory usage. The 1920x 3000 yard Bearing Tool uses 46Mb of memory to display, the 1920x 1500 yard Bearing Tool uses less than half that. Just trying to be economical with a mod that's already tipping the scales at 30% larger than the game itself.

As far as the sounds, I've got the stock phrase "Torpedo Impact" back into the nine different voices. I'd like to fix the voice Phrase for the "Ahead Slow" to "Ahead Two-Thirds" and that's it for the phrases. Some of the other sounds are getting a face lift for better playability.[/QUOTE]

Understood. Hogging all the memory with 3000 yard bearing plotters will hinder playability for people without the memory to burn. It would be a disaster to include them in the core mod. Good, no, very good thinking there. We can't afford to grow this mod much farther than it's already grown.

I have a special sound request for you and/or propbeanie: "Rudder amidships." "Rudder zero" is better than "rudder, rudder" but the proper command is "rudder amidships." If it's possible it would fix something that has bothered me for nine years!

Holy cow, we're putting out fires and not adding features any more. That means we're on the home stretch for the core mod. Thanks for a modding team better than any I could have imagined! I'm privileged to serve with you guys.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote