View Single Post
Old 07-25-16, 07:45 AM   #886
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie
How are you adjusting those sounds for the Museum, CapnScurvy? Is there a "Museum Sound" controller?
No Museum sound controller. What you'll hear in the Museum is what you'll hear in the game. The Sh.sdl does it all.

What I've had to do is with some of the .wav files is adjust the volume within the file itself. The Sh.sdl has a volume control for each .wav, but if the .wav is too loud or too soft the volume control within the Sh.sdl won't make much of a change. As you've found out, if the .wav file doesn't have the right properties to start with, your just spinning your wheels trying to adjust things within the Sh.sdl.

If its alright with you, I'd like to work with the following files to put them as they should. Again, the Museum is a good testing ground for these assets:

7. Aircraft Carrier_hyd.wav
13. B-24 airplane damaged 2.wav
14. B6N2 airplane.wav
15. Cargo_hyd.wav
16. Catalina airplane damaged.wav
18. Corsair airplane.wav
19. Corvette.wav
20. Corvette_hyd.wav
21. Corvette_mix.wav
22. Destroyer_hyd.wav
23. ****ewulf190 airplane.wav
24. Ju52 airplane.wav
25. JU87Stuka airplane.wav
26. Liberty Ship Engine.wav
27. Liberty_hyd.wav
28. Liberty_mix.wav
29. NakajimaKi44 airplane.wav
30. NF_boat.wav
31. NF_boat_hyd.wav
32. NPT_hyd.wav
33. Old_Diesel_Engine.wav
47. Short Sunderland airplane damaged.wav
48. Short Sunderland airplane.wav
63. Swordfish Torpedo Bi-Plane.wav

I'm wondering, are you using the "periscope_UpDown.wav" that the 0.1Beta has, or the original FOTRS .wav? And, why did you pick it?

If it has to do with being longer in play time....that's expected. The length of the .wav file I use exactly relates to the amount of time the scope raises or lowers.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote