Captain Coward
Watch

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0
Default Follow Up to "Dispatch From The Front"

Follow Up to "Dispatch From The Front"

Original Post Here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=227002

Finally (!) the fog has lifted and I am able to get back to my patrol #12. I tried many attempts at attacking in the horrid weather only to waste three torpedoes (too close, not enough time to arm). I would carefully plot the enemies course and draw markings on my map as to be able to fire just when I was able to see them pop out of the fog. I gave up on numerous attempts. I hope Admiral Donitz doesn't find out how many ships I had to pass up on (tankers, C3s, etc.) or most likely he will take away my command, hand me a rifle and ship me off to Stalingrad.

I've read quite a few posts on attacking in lousy weather so I guess I know I"m not alone in the frustration. But that's all in the past and it's time to get back to the business of halting the flow of goods to the British. What will Churchill do without his expensive cigars and liquor!

Unusual Note: As I was diving one of my torpedoes went off without me firing it. This is the second time this has happened to me. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Time to STF!

Captain Coward
Captain Coward is offline   Reply With Quote