View Single Post
Old 07-14-16, 01:46 PM   #692
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Propbeanie, I've seen that reflection too in the Museum. I noticed it on at least one ship thinking "What's that"? It looked similar to your first image.....lurking just behind the ship, on the far side. If you ask me, its like they have the reflection reversed to what it should be. With the Museum giving you the ability to have a "Free Camera" now, after applying OC_Interiors Update, you can tell the reflection just isn't right. If its in the model, maybe just eliminating that piece would correct it. The Museum doesn't show how bad the reflection gets as the ship model sinks closer into the water.......yep, something stinkin' there!

I know one of the German DD's, the Z Class, hasn't any clothes. Should be something I can fix.

=================

Regarding the Strategic Map that accompanies the Short Wave Radio. This map was from a study, of a study by the Air Force, done just after the war regarding Japanese capabilities.....which is similar to this "Reports of the U.S. Naval Technical Mission to Japan". Guess both Air Force and the Navy were interested in knowing just how much the Japanese knew; what could they do; what couldn't they do; regarding their capabilities. After reading some of these official reports from both studies, in my opinion........We gave them WAY to much credit!! I think the game does too with some of their AI capabilities regarding Radar, Hydrophone use but, that's left for another day.

What I want to point out is this Strategic Map is hardly going to give a player an unfair advantage in playing the game. The scale its in isn't going to come close to giving you the coordinates to ship travel. It just provides the basic route, which for the most purpose any Mariner would have known anyway. Japan got its oil from Indonesia, rice from Vietnam, coal from from Manchuria, rubber from Malaya.....it doesn't take a genius to figure the fastest way between two points is a straight line. As a sub Captain, you get into that straight line.

Besides, this map shows only real life basic routes. What the game gives us......can be, and is, different! So, take the map for what it is....history. Not a document that gives away the farm.
Don't have a thin skin there Capn! It's in there and staying there. You have good reasons, plus anybody not wanting the information doesn't have to look. It's the perfect aid to those who don't have the historical knowledge and it's not a spoiler for those that do.

Plus, it's the best shipping map I've ever seen in-game!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote