Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-13-16, 05:23 PM   #676
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Last post for tonight

So I finally bit the bullet and bought Photoshop (or as is now the case, rented Photoshop for a year)

Not trying to make any excuses but doing all of this in GIMP is just a massive PITA

Before anyone chimes in I would just like to point out that I have used loads of free images software in the past ten years, and out of all the free ones I have personally found GIMP to be the best for me

However - maybe because I have been using Photoshop for nearly 20 years for my job, maybe because I use it day after day after day, maybe just because I am so used to its interface and how everything works in it, trying to do anything in any prrogram other than Photoshop is just a major PITA for me.
That (and the fact I am a lazy SOB) is why I have been dragging my heels here

Anyway I bit the bullet and 'rented' it for a year
The change was astonishing

Rather than viewing the next skin as a chore that I had to get through as soon as possible (which is how I viewed skinning when using GIMP), I positively looked forward to how the next skin would look in game

Spent an entire evening skinning one ship, and am pretty happy with it

Ladies and Gentlemen - I present you the Big Old Liner
44 thousand something tons of goodness - lets hope your scope is wide enough to accommodate this fella

Originally

After a evenings Photoshop work

And can I just say - now that I am using Photoshop for these - I enjoyed this evening so much more than any of the 20 or so evenings when I was making Razzle Dazzle

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote