Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-03-16, 11:40 AM   #443
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Well, if you don't apply "Creaks_And_Crash_Fix", you'll get "The Sound". I'm uploading a short (for me) vid to youtube, find it at

Using the "100...v0.4Alpha", I can get the sound, as in all the other FOTRS versions I have, as well as a lot of the other sound mods, by doing a crash dive and time compression. I don't have to go below test depth, no matter the given depth. Just the crash dive and time compression do it almost every time, and sometimes just the time compression. I have NOT figured that one out, although it is the same sound, in every iteration of "The Sound", crash dive or not, which is the bell ring at the end of that FOTRS "Crash Dive" audio file. But I cannot trace down the culprit in "The Wave Sound" (I'll call it), when after applying "Creaks_And_Crash_Fix", if you do crash dive and time compression, you can sometimes get an ocean front beach sound playing constantly, at all stations, including off the boat with the F11 free camera. The background sound does not change. If I do the "CapnScurvy" (my nickname for it, sorry Capn), and overwrite the four folders he mentioned earlier, everything is fine, other than you don't have those particular sounds, and the dive sequence audio is off, similarly to the Crash Dive sequence in the "plain" FOTRS versions.

The main thing in the video linked to above, is the graphics anomalies I've found. So far, only in this particular Single Mission, which is "Test of the Nagato" that I downloaded (from here??). I've not done much testing for graphics stuff though, paying attention mostly to the audio stuff.

Those ships sure do like nice. I haven't been paying attention to the sinking times lately, though...

"...and bollocks to the naysayers" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote