View Single Post
Old 06-18-16, 03:10 AM   #222
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
As for the sound, I was not aware of the museum issue, mostly because I hadn't used the museum much myself. If the sounds for that are in the Sounds folder, all should be good when done. The naming convention they used with the stock game has its uses. My idea is to take all "like" files and adjust in Sound Forge with a batch file process, then check the results. I have been hunting for "THE Sound" though, and will put that on pause for the time being, not having made any headway in hunting it down. It is NOT consistent as I had first thought. However, I do have not run out of things to try. The main problem, as anyone doing ship sinking times or some such can attest to, is the "test" aspect. It can take a while just to get into the game in order to "test", and then you might think you've got something solved, only to find it there in the next run... frustrating, but I do stop and "sink the ships" (for "smell the roses") every time in... :wink:

Edit: I do need some help from you folks who have been able to get "The Sound" - explain your circumstances again, please. ie: In a campaign, Quick Mission, Quick Patrol, etc., time compression used, how deep did you take your boat, had you just fired torps, do you remember the background sound playing when you went into TC? I'm getting mostly CTDs anymore, and NOT "The Sound"... Of course, I've been abusing this install with hourly JSGME useage, and I might need to start 'fresh' again... As a side note, I do have all the files' properties from the different versions of SH4 & FOTRS. Now all I need to do is convert it to csv & import it into a spreadsheet.
Oh, yes, "the roses"! They do smell nice don't they?

I've experienced "The Sound" in the Campaign and in Single Missions. Always after diving deep enough. But not enough to hear the glass breaking sounds. The "ticking" sound I reported sometimes stop after surfacing, sometimes not. "The Sound" never stops. Only after saving and reloading. Torpedoes do not effect it. It's cursed. The creaking sounds are important to it, I think. I've not encountered "The Sound" after deleting the 4 creaking sounds from the sound folder as recommended by a Catholic priest.

I'm sure it's somewhere out there, lurking in the abyss, waiting for the next victim that disturbs it's eternal sleep...

I always have a complete backup of the data folder before "trying things". I highly recommend it.

Edit: "The Sound" is on me again. This time on the surface. Using a x8 compression. After getting to real time, it started...
Billy.

Last edited by XTBilly; 06-19-16 at 06:11 AM.
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote