View Single Post
Old 06-17-16, 08:07 PM   #1029
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balladeer View Post
I'm getting all my downloads if possible straight from Subsim. I can confirm the main menu states "Fall of the Rising Sun". I will try your suggestion and leave the tutorials and just try a new campaign and see if the sub interior is okay there.

Here's my rig:

Windows 7 64bit
core i7 4@4GHz
EVGA GTX 970 4GB
16GB RAM

I always install my games in a custom directory, not the default x86 location. Essentially I install my games to C:/"My Gaming Files"/

I was a little confused as to which FOTRS version to install. I must have spent fifteen minutes reading through them to figure out which one was for me. I downloaded and installed the file named "falloftherisingsun_v1.3_sh4v1.5_en" zip. I'm assuming that is v1.3 for my SH4 v1.5

What I'm concerned about is where did you get SH4....your main game? Was it a downloaded version, or one from a disk?

I'm glad to see that you didn't install the game in either the "Programs Files", or "Programs Files (x86)" folders. That's good. When you have a Windows 7 OS you don't want to put games in those two folders.

Your FOTRS mod you've download is indeed the v1.3

As I stated earlier, I ran the same FOTRS version, doing the Navigation Sub School with no problems. I'd think so should you.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote