View Single Post
Old 06-17-16, 06:25 AM   #1027
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Balladeer, it does sound like there's a problem in your download, but to be honest, I've not run the Navigational tutorial to see if there isn't a problem there. I'll do that with a FOTRS v1.3 and see for myself.

I'm assuming you've downloaded FOTRS v1.3? Besides having the new background pictures, movie and music, the main game menu screen also states "Fall of the rising Sun V1.3". If this is correct, try starting out a new campaign and see if the subs (try the default Porpoise from Pearl Harbor) interior is out of whack too. I've started the game from there with no signs of issue....lets see what you've got.

You haven't mentioned any specs for your computer; nor what/where you picked up the game? Sorry to say there's a lot of download sites that aren't up to good quality standards for letting a player modify the game. They have you put the game into areas of the Windows computer that makes it difficult to change/mod your game files (which is what you're wanting to do).

======================

Just ran the Navigation tutorial from the Submarine School of FOTRS v1.3........no problems like missing sub interiors. The mission is very much like the stock game's except for the USS Alabama and the CV Wasp sitting off to the starboard side of the sub.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 06-17-16 at 09:33 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote