Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 06-16-16, 05:55 PM   #213
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Now guys, this is no race. We still have Florida Sailor out there working on four AI levels for plugins of different enemy difficulty. He's hurt his arm and is recovering (unlike CapnScurvy who has seemed to hit some new high gear here and is just blowing our doors off!) We have your skins, We have the jackrabbit thing still in development (I'm going to recommend that we just group the light cruisers in with the DDs and smaller at 10%), cdsubron7 and I are working on importing 2.0 merchies into the core mod, and all those sounds to get the volumes right and converted to standard 44.1 MHz sample rate. We still have a ways to go before we button up the core and start working on the plugins.

And your skins are plugins, so we're all good! I'm still amazed how close we are, same as you, max-peck! This is a wild ride we have going!

Just looked again at all the screenshots for CapnScurvy's work. I am totally speechless. This is work that will saturate the entire playing experience. The free camera in the museum alone could be mod of the year. But the totality is breathtaking. It will put all the fine modeling jobs of the AOTD crew on a pedestal. Just the little tweaks to the gauges will make playing the game MUCH more friendly. Capn, your work exudes quality with a capital Q.

What do you say we release in two stages: core mod first so people can actually play the mod and learn how it works, then we can have more time to work on the plugins for later release. Any ideas there?
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote