View Single Post
Old 06-15-16, 09:21 AM   #194
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I wonder how different the 'leader' there is from one in a 'manually' produced convoy? I'm thinking now that having a 'jackrabbit' (as compared to a tanker) warship as 'leader' in a convoy of mine that's produced one ship at a time might be the suspect, though I do have some that behave rather straight-up 'normal'...
I'm more inclined to suspect that the difference is not in which "Leader Entry" you've chosen in this particular parameter (mine is the GENERIC Tanker). This "Leader" doesn't get transferred over to the "Group Properties" page. As I pointd out, my "Group Properties" page doesn't list a Leader at all. To me, there's your difference. Plus the Spacing is larger too.

One thing I've noticed with making a group my way, the convoy's Group Parameter "Speed (Max XX.X) (Knots)" is directly related to whatever the slowest ship type that's in the group. For instance the "Stock Convoy" mission has a "Speed (Max 8.0) (Knots)" while the one I made just for the post has a "Speed (Max 10.0)(Knots)". I believe this is because there's a possible Fishing Boat Class (GENERIC Costal Traffic) in the "Stock Convoy" mission, where there is not one in the "Convoy_1" mission. It's not what speed the Leader may have for MaximumSpeed, but what the MaximumSpeed the slowest ship in the convoy has.

Emulate, EMULATE the stock game!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote