View Single Post
Old 06-14-16, 03:24 PM   #191
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
The difference between the "Gaggle to Haggle With" .mis, and the "Stock Convoy" .mis seems to be the fact there is a "Unit Leader" for the "Gaggle" mission. There is not a "Unit Leader" defined in the "Stock Convoy" mission.

Besides Double R's video, I took the time to make some comparison images of the two stock game behaviors ...

... Is the "Unit Leader" designation a problem for a "Random Group" of ships in a convoy. Could be, since this is about the only idea I have when comparing the differences between the two mission files...
I'm curious here CpanScurvy: How do you built your "Stock Convoy" for the mission you're using? All the years I've been doing SH4 (since shortly after it's release), I've always made a particular ship "the leader", whether it'd be a warship, such as a cruiser, or a destroyer, or one of the Passenger ships. I almost always build my Merchant Convoy missions with warships of some form, and almost always have one of the warships as "leader". Probably because I'm too lazy, and with the "leader", I just have to make one waypoint... I have built some convoys with nothing but merchant vessels, but I (as far as I can remember) always have a "leader". Just my "natural" way of thinking, that *somebody* has to be the leader... I have noticed though, that in some of the "stock" v1.5 convoys, such as in "SM07 Tokio-Saipan Convoy" or "SM11 Borneo Convoy", that they do seem to perform better than the ones I make, and even seem to "scatter" more orderly when my sub is "seen". Perhaps I ought to do more "looking to see what others do", as has been suggested here many times... |;^)

I have noticed with my convoys, similar behavior to what RR and you have documented with your encounters... Perhaps we'd make mention in the ReadMe file for the updated mod of such info... ??

In the meantime, the AC went out in our car, so it's off to see the wizard, to see if I can get me some cool air... for not too much money, I hope. I've got too much stuff breaking lately.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote