Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 06-09-16, 09:47 PM   #139
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

I haven't taken the time to reduce the size of the image, but I have similar behavior with the convoy as cdsumron7, where all the passenger type ships are definitely trying to confuse all the other ships, turning on a dime to port. When starting the scenario for like the third time, I immediately dove to like 260 in order to be at least 40 foot below the thermal layer (water must be warmed DEEP off the California coast). I turned and approached the convoy at that depth at Ahead 1/3, and initiated "Silent Running", and by the time I was getting to about a nautical mile from them, maybe two, they were getting bunched and scattered, and bunched and scattered, going willy-nilly, like there were three convoys mixed together, each with their own waypoints. So I went ahead and came up to periscope depth and started having some fun... Smoke everywhere and ship parts flying. Some held up well and took a while to sink, some sank like a rock with one hit. One of the passenger liners broke in two with only one hit. I used XTBilliy's "mix" 50-20, and one of the poor destroyers took two hits broadside from 2600, and was gone. Maybe they didn't see them coming, or maybe he moved too slow... Either way, while they would shoot at me (the remaining "war" ships, and they would follow me around like puppy dogs, no one ever dropped any cans, and never hit me with their gunshots while I was submerged. The merchies had better gunners when I finally came topside - ran out of torps...

I like the look of v1.3 and v2.0, but some aspects of both are very frustrating. I've had CTD's in both of them, and for something that I for some reason cannot consistently get to repeat. Version 2 involves use of the minesweeper. Audio is also an issue in them both. Our "mix" right now does similar, but no audio issues and no CTD's as of yet. I'm going to go back and re-read the "readme" for v1.3 and 2.0 and look for some clues. Maybe noodle and mess with some the sound files too...

Edit: added link
I'm still quite a-ways away here

Photobucket is being a #$@!bucket tonight, and I have no idea how big or little this is on this page, and I don't even know if I created the link correctly.

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-10-16 at 05:50 AM. Reason: doi-dee-doe... how do you do that?... lol
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote