View Single Post
Old 06-09-16, 07:23 PM   #136
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Well then, by all means take the Snapshot. In the future, when you feel something is wrong with the game, remove all mods from activation and let the "Compare Snapshot" to do just that.

After comparison the 4 different states of your game files are Same; Different; New; Removed. Any number of files other than showing as "Same" should cause you to look through the list to see what has changed. If its something as simple as the New: SI.bin file......you're fine. It's made when you start the game for the first time. The New: SH4Img.... are images you took during play, your fine there too.

Just look out for files coming back as "Different" or "Removed".....could be a corruption issue (although there are a couple of German flags "Removed" from the "Data\Textures\TNormal\tex" file for some reason with the use of some mods?? Why.... who knows??? not really a big deal either).

Thanks for the info, Capt. I just learned something new.

On another note, I'm gonna see if I can get the ME to work on my computer again. All this talk of RR's Convoy From Hell talk has got me wanting me try and create some new single missions. I used to be pretty good at it. First thing though is getting the ME to run under Win 10. So that's my task for tonight, I think.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote