View Single Post
Old 06-07-16, 12:14 AM   #107
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Regarding Websters Ship Maneuvering Fix.

The Displacements: may be the same between the Fix and FOTRS, but the Mass: is quite larger than FOTRS. Also changed is the GravityCenter: position. Both will change how the ship sits in the water and what it will do in wind.

I'm just not convinced that having a ship increased in weight, with the possibility of it sitting lower in the water (I'm not sure if this is what it will do or not....been too long ago to remember whether it's Displacement, Mass, or both, that makes the ship heavier) to the point the center of gravity needs to be re adjusted, is the right way to go about slowing down the performance. It's a tricky business making a ship heavier for cutting down performance, and needing to move the center of gravity so it stays afloat in all conditions.

Did Webster do it right....maybe he did. I don't know. I just know what I ran across years ago with his mod.
Well, Capt, you would certainly know about those things more then I would.

On another note, I've been testing the sound folder from v2.0 in v1.3 and have to say that I like the new periscope raising and lowering sound. Also the new sonar pings that the Japanese DDs make when they're tracking you. It sound alot like the pinging you hear in the movie "The Enemy Below".

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote