View Single Post
Old 06-02-16, 06:36 PM   #580
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Due View Post

They're Coming To Take Away, Ha!, Ha! - Napoleon XIV (Kim Fowley)

That one! Surely one of the most bizarre recorded songs I ever heard. Weirdly enough it was covered by the band LARD but even weirder, on that album it did actually work, bizarre as it was.
If you really want to hear weird, the flip side of the single was the same song...backwards!...

Kim Fowley was also reputed to have done the lead vocal on "Alley Oop". I used to work at a rock club in the early to mid 70s and Fowley was a friend of one of the owners and a very regular customer. I asked him if he really did the vocal, but he became very evasive. He was a rather weird guy and was known to be a bit on the violent side, so I didn't press the question. Incidentally, The Hollywood Argyles were really never a group, but just an assemblage of studio musicians and record company types; the name Hollywood Argyles comes from the intersection of Hollywood Blvd. and Argyle St., in central Hollywood, and was the location of one of Capitol Records outpost recording facilities; the famed Capitol Record Tower and main recording facilities were a block up and a block over from Hollywood and Argyle...

EDIT
:

I found the B side on YouTube (Note the backwards Label):

A full album of Napoleon XIV:

<O>