View Single Post
Old 05-27-16, 06:54 AM   #1019
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Thanks Bleiente, we have located all the files we need for now. Next step is to upload all these files to the Subsim downloads section so nobody's dependent on my work alone. Then we'll see what we can do about Ultimate FOTRS! I'll need everybody's help on this.

In my mind first we'll come up with JSGME modules for importing ships into FOTRS 1.2 or 1.3, whichever looks like the best base. My understanding was that 1.3 was never finished, but if it has definite advantages over 1.2 we'll just have to finish it as fitzcarraldo has. Then we'll import the juicy parts of 2.0 the same way. Once we have the multi-mod working we'll combine into a single Ultimate FOTRS mod.

So my idea (subject to change if somebody convinces me otherwise) is to start with FOTRS 1.2. Find things in 1.3 that are better. Make a JSGME mod to produce 1.2a. This will be best of 1.2 and 1.3. Then get the ships and whatever blows our skirts up from 2.0 and produce a JSGME mod to import them into 1.2a. Once we're satisfied with all the pieces, we'll combine them all together into a single mod, Ultimate FOTRS for SH4 1.5.

If MadMax resurrects, all this is subject to change. Acesofthedeep.com is closed down. It would be nice to have the originators on board, but it appears we're on our own to save FOTRS.

So fitz, do you think 1.3 would be the better base after grafting a sound mod and Vickers Interiors to it? Convince me that it's better than working from 1.2!

Project: could we pull the sounds out of 2.0 and graft them to 1.3?

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 05-27-16 at 07:56 AM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote