Old 05-26-16, 11:47 PM   #1017
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

Default The ultimate FOTRS!!!

Project ultimate FOTRS!

I really think that this can be done.

As Fitzcarraldo wrote, I also moved the new painted ships from 2.0 to 1.3 and they're showing great. Also the v2.0 new effects, explosions, smoke are also working without problem. The 2.0 radio messages too.

I had to delete the creaking sounds because after an hour or so with the S class at 260 feet I had a continuous ticking sound, like a clock. Problem solved.

About the way ships sink... I've been working lately on a project of my own.

Before many years I was really impressed with Werner Sobe's excellent NSM mod. Ships sinking ONLY by flooding, no hit points. Unfortunately SH4 v1.4 only...

Observer made an excellent ship sinking mod for RFB. Unfortunately it included only merchants and destroyers and was never published as a standalone mod.

Ducimus increased the ship sinking time X3 but ships still went down fast.
Then Bilge Rat had a different approach to the matter. Decrease the torpedo damage and tweak the ship floatability. The result was much better but as Ducimus pointed, the shared compartments created some problems. FOTRS v2.0 zones file gave me some new ideas on the matter.

I've tried to mess with the occult, that is creating/editing specific ship compartments as Werner Sobe and Observer did, but it all sounded Greek to me!! Studying the zones file and the changes made by the community, I've experimented and I'm getting much better results making changes on my own to the zones file and ship hit points. Its still WIP, but I'm thinking of releasing it when I'll get to an acceptable point as it is still too early.

FOTRS gave me new hope and I'm ready to help in anyway I can.
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote