View Single Post
Old 05-26-16, 02:49 PM   #1007
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
FOTRS is also the most beautiful mod ever made for SH4. In appearance, it gives the flavor of GWX for SH4. So, we can take the damage mod from FOTRS v2.0 and copy it to v1.3 to get the best of both worlds? I'm up for doing that and posting the FOTRS Frankenstein mod to Subsim. Let me take inventory tonight and see if I have all the ingredients.

I'd love to breathe some life into this neglected but beautiful mod of Spanish origin.
Yes, it's quite easy. Just copy the v2.0 zones.cfg file from the \DATA folder to the data folder of v1.3 and overwrite when asked. The change on ships sinking is dramatic!

This file works also perfectly for stock, GFO, TMO 2.5, because none of these changes the original ship sinking zones in the \SEA folder. Any other changes like Websters' Ship Maneuvering fix also don't affect these zones so it's safe to use it. RFB with Observer's work on these zones is another matter.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to upload just the FOTRSv2.0 zones.cfg to Subsim, for people who don't want to download the whole v2.0 just for a few kilobytes of the zones file.

I also believe that this mod needs more attention. It was released prematurely with many bugs and it discouraged many players (including me) at its early stage. But at it's current state (1.3 for SH41.5) it's very stable and offers a great campaign!!

Cheers and thanks for your efforts!
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote