View Single Post
Old 05-23-16, 09:56 AM   #5188
Coldcall
Chief

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Try to save and restart your game completely approximately 50-60 km from the port, or just before you expect your game to CTD...
Also , error report from windows event viewer would be helpful...

Only 4GB of RAM here too, but my Atlantic patrols are very stable even if I sometimes ignore my own tips for stable gameplay....
I hope you haven't "over tweaked" something recently...
No I haven't over-clocked or tweaked anything. I have the TC settings as instructed in the TWOS install procedure.

I looked at the Windows event viewer, could not find anything. Is there something or a specific log i should be looking at?

Yes the reload usually works when its a coming into port CTD, though admittedly I usually do not restart the game, just reload, but it usually works. The CTD i kept having in my last campaign in HT about December 1940 was leaving Lorient and heading in a WNW direction. About 100-150 km out it would CTD. Tried many different things, nothing worked. I even rebooted computer, and then restarted SH5, reloaded the bunker save, chose another mission set out again and CTD continued. Maybe I had a corrupt set of saves from the Bunker save?

Oh well, making my way through Total Germany again. Just intercepted a massive convoy in North Sea, off a radio lead which happened close by luckily. No duds! Sunk 3 for 14k tons! I was thinking, please dont CTD now :-)
Coldcall is offline   Reply With Quote