Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahnenbohn View Post
Oh yes, that's possible, but under certain conditions :
- the target must be between 350° and 10° in your periscope
- you must not be too far, maybe you must be less than 1 km from the target
- maybe i'm wrong, but iirc, the angle of impact must be around 90°
- to select the zone you want to shoot at, you must have locked the target.

Try this in the torpedo training mission, and let me know !

F.
I might, after I have done an exhaustive search on the internet on solutions to the drifting gun aim. I couldn't make this up if I tried but the gun aim camera was 20 degrees off. To hit the target I had to aim so far to the left I couldn't see the bleedin ship and it kept getting worse.

I remember there was an issue with that gun but this bad? At least now I noticed an early indication the gun sight is off. Normally you will see the nozzle of the gun when lookin through the sight at max zoom. If I can't see the nozzle, the aim has drifted to the right. This time I saw not only the nozzle but 1 more degree off and I would be staring into the face of the gun crew. Almost the entire gun was visible. This is def a camera issue. I am willing to bet it is related to the binocular camera/obs deck camera issue, when you use the binoculars and go back to the deck camera, everything is tilted and only way I found to fix that on the fly is to find some orientation where the horizon appears level, use the binoculars and hurry back to the deck cam.

EDIT: There is definitely something not right about the obs deck camera. Its position floats around. Spin the camera around 360 and you shift its position. Sometimes by quite a lot. One moment I was sniffing the scalp of the guy on the left, a few turns later I clipped into the guy on the right. They might start to question their captain if this camera doesn't get its act together. That, and use the binoculars and everything on the obs deck is tilted like some German expressionist film. It might very well be the gun sight shift is due to something similar, that its position isn't fixed along the relevant axis. Wonder what they linked it up to? Torp spread angle perhaps? Who knows but this is just plain silly.

Last edited by Von Due; 05-06-16 at 05:15 PM.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote