View Single Post
Old 05-04-16, 07:17 AM   #5049
Sone7
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 159
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
I advise you to download my MOD. The Page binocular.ini in TWOS is completely different from what I used. It is not enough to change the name blank.dds in binoculars.dds, I used a different Page binocular.ini that I edited. But I do not think it's a screen resolution problem. Only if you try my mod you can say that there are problems with other subsimmers.
Sorry, I meant no harm
Of course I tried your modification. On my setup the binocs work flawlessly, they are just bigger than in your screenshot so I barely see the fingers around. The lens take most of screen space. That's actually a good thing! But definitely screen size/resolution is a factor.

The reason behind my first answer was that I originally wanted to incorporate only the bearing alone.
Thanks Torpedo!
---------

Vecko,
I didn't find anything searching the thread, so I'll just need to ask. Did You ever consider incorporating Reaper's Enhaned Recognition Manual (edited by Zedi: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...php?t=172187)? It's basically the same thing as current XO dialog box, just looking better AND is compatible with NewUIs (added as optional). The reasons for that are mainly aesthetic. Having that mod, maybe just as optional, helps the immersion a lot if one doesn't like the stock GUI elements.
I tried enabling it above TWoS and didn't encounter problems, apart from ship length/width etc. not beaing displayed. Didn't care for that, as I still use the charts recognition manual.
Of course, one could continue using it as is, but I was hoping You could take a look at this or maybe just point out any major incompatibilities, if they exist.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Sone7; 05-04-16 at 07:28 AM.
Sone7 is offline   Reply With Quote