View Single Post
Old 03-31-16, 09:30 AM   #1
wmcannon
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default HELP!! WINDOWS 10 is Killing Me

Hi Folks, I have been playing SH3 with for several years. Unfortunately, I upgraded my system recently to windows 10 and I cannot get SH3 to load again. This is driving me CRAZY. Here’s what I have tried:

I loaded SH3 from a US version DVD onto my computer (a check of the DVD files indicate they were created on the disk in 9/27/2007). This is the original disk I purchased and have used for three or four years.

I installed the game in c:\SilentHunter. (I created a separate folder on the “c” drive). After loading the game I hit “Quit” and closed the game.

I downloaded: US DVD Patch 1.4b from Ubisoft and saved to a separate folder on the “c” drive.

When I attempted to install US DVD Patch 1.4b I received the Error Message:

Silent Hunter III Download v1.0 to V1.3
This Program cannot update the installed version of Silent Hunter III because of the following reasons: C:\SilentHunterIII\Mission Engine.dll: unknown version.

I then downloaded GWX3-1 thru7 and saved them to my desktop. I opened the file and installed GWX3.

I restarted the system and started GWX. The game began normally and allowed me to select my crew and change the Realism settings. I selected a start year of 1940 departing Lorient. When I selected the start button the game appeared to be loading and at the completion Crashed to Desktop.

My System:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Memory: 16GB
Hard Drive 1: 119.24GB LITEON (SSD) (SH3 is loaded here)
Hard Drive 2: 931.51GB Seagate (HHD)
Graphics Devise: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Windows 10

I love this game and this is killing me.

Is there a posting that discusses issues with loading SH3 while utilizing Windows 10? Step by step instructions?
Where should I save the patches?

How can I determine if I do indeed have the patched version? (I assume so since I played this game for three or four years before upgrading to Windows 10).

Where should I save GXW3? Please help.
wmcannon is offline   Reply With Quote