View Single Post
Old 03-24-16, 08:31 PM   #4395
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

This is what I observed myself before I stopped playing:

Obvious Russian bias* -> Players left and right leaving -> not enough players -> BR being compressed to compensate -> even worse gameplay -> even more players leave -> even more BR compression.

Now, about Russian bias.
I observed Russian bias especially while driving Tiger I and Panther A and D tanks. When I got my Tiger I thought the time of despair is over where I need 3 penetrations to stop and kill a T-34. Boy was I wrong. Way too often I had to observe a good 90° hit, penetrating, wounding and damaging EVERYTHING, yet being unable to even just stop a T34 in its tracks. Second shot still no kill, everything's flashing inside the tank - but it goes on.

Meanwhile, I catch a shot from the side and die instantly, because the shell explodes perfectly in the center of my tank, destroying and killing everything.

Now, if this would have been some isolated event, who cares?
But it happened all the time and was in heavy contrast to how T34 vs. Tiger I encounters usually looked like.
Now it all being a game, I get the need for "balance", but making T34 (and other RU tanks) survive things they shouldn't, which results in low kill numbers or even death myself, well... no thanks.
When the devs were confronted about many "weird" things with historical evidence, what was their excuse?

"No comrade, you wrong, we have sekrit dokuments!"

Oh what stinking BS!
First game I stopped playing due to terrible balancing.
Another reason was the destruction of the realism mode.
Maps played were mostly knife fight crap which, oh who would have thought, heavily favors the Russians, while the Germans with their long range capabilty and less-maneuverability draw the "screw you!" card.

Best round I had where in realism mode with a friend on one of the huge maps, where SKILL matters, not magic "aim here!" markers.
We had a blast, mostly multiple kills because of superior tactics and teamplay. On top, it felt quite authentic and the tension was great. Some rounds you didn't shoot a thing, others you made 4 kills, it was great!

Then the only realistic and good maps started disappearing from the cycle and we disappeared as well from the game.