View Single Post
Old 03-23-16, 06:21 PM   #3
MLF
Weps

Downloads: 137
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the quick response HanSolo78

The waterstream from the sub is very good in the video (and screenshots), although I still think the motion is wrong - the sub plows in and then the stern appears to come out first - as if lifted by a following sea - followed by the bow raising? I have found that by increasing the draught of the sub slightly (5.5 to 6.0m) reduces this effect, but also reduces the speed. However it also increases the amount of "wetness" around and on the sub. This is what I would like to achieve with surface ships.
I have, for example, got Bismark rolling with water coming onto the deck amidships - but no spray etc. With a 300 kph wind I almost get the bow going under, but not quite.

By today's standards Bismark was quite a lightweight - I have been on a 250,000 tonne ship that rolled and pitched like a pig (bit of free-surface effect thrown in but never mind) - it ploughed happily into the sea with most of the foredeck invisible through the spray. That's what I would like to see ships do in SH3 - perhaps a day dream.

I'll look into the scene.dat and see what I can break.

Training and time are always the problem.

Regards,
MLF